Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

How to reset electrical power steering

Customer Question

How to reset electrical power steering
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.

Can you feel me in on what got the car to require needing to do this?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was just driving on the freeway and a message flash service advancetrac, service power steering then when i stop driving it flash service power steering now and the steering wheel locked. I cannot turn it even after I restarted the car.

Thanks for the update. A re-calibration with a IDS scan tool will not resolve this. You have a part that has failed but getting it scanned and getting me the codes stored is the only way we can proceed on diagnosing this issue.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Are you still in need of assistance?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my car is recall for this problem i took to dealer