Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My Daughters 2005 Ford Escape has been having some issues

Customer Question

My Daughters 2005 Ford Escape has been having some issues with the alarm system going off by itself. Not the issue.
Today she cannot get the key out of the ignition and the Theft light is blinking.
I can get the key out if I take the positive off of the battery. How do I fix it so she wont get her key stuck again?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

If the vehicle will start, then there is not a theft system issue. The alarm going off while parked, if not an aftermarket added alarm, then its normally one of the door ajar switches or hid switch not closing fully and intermittently showing open. For the key stuck. the park switch is not releasing the ignition lock. Below is a link to the diagram.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/05escapeshiftlock.pdf

The floor shifter park switch needs to use the BK black wire and ground the DG/OG dark green/orange wire when not in park, when in park the DG/OG wire is not grounded. Check this to see if the park switch or ignition lock is to blame.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris