sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 4.6 engine 2003 f150. truck cranks wont start. put

Customer Question

I have a 4.6 engine 2003 f150. truck cranks wont start. put new iac valve on. started ran great then next day wont start. put new crankshaft position sensor in, fired up ran great.stopped for an hour and truck wont start back. service engine soon light on no codes charge light on as well as oil and tempature light. no fire cranks but start.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is no fire cranks but does not start
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also put a new camshaft sensor on. what could problem be?
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few thing that could cause a no start. You may have an issue with the engine controller itself, a wiring issue, or possibly a lack of fuel pressure.

If the engine light is on with the engine running it's because codes are set, but I'm wondering if you meant these lights are on just with the key on. If that's the case then the lights are normal except for the temperature light. It along with the other lights may indicate that the powertrain control module isn't communicating.

Have you checked for spark and fuel to see what's missing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The powertrain control module is definitely not communicating. And All the dashboard lights are staying on. There is no spark and I'm not sure I understand what you mean by checking fuel. Sorry, this is the wife now. The truck cranks, but won't start. When he hooked up the meter it didn't give a code.

If the PCM isn't communicating then it has either failed or has lost a power or ground. If fuses are good then odds are the issue is in the PCM but it's powers and grounds should be tested before condemning it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I put a scanner on and got the mode 6 codes. the only failures were $2A and 2B failed. what would that be?

You do indeed have communication then?

The fuel pump does run when the key is turned on?