Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 2004 mercury Monterey, when you turn the account on

Customer Question
its running hot. What can...
I have a 2004 mercury Monterey, when you turn the account on its running hot. What can cause this. The heat gaskets were just Marcano replaced.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
9/18/2015
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Many things can cause a vehicle to run hot:

Faulty water pump

Restricted coolant ports in the radiator and engine

Collapsing coolant hoses

Thermostat stuck closed

Cooling fan non operational

Running lean

Incorrect reading coolant temp gauge.

Let me know what you have checked and can check.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician