Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2010 f250 6.4 it loses power at 1700+ rpm from time

Customer Question

I have a 2010 f250 6.4 it loses power at 1700+ rpm from time to time. Wiggle mass air flow sensor and take air box cap off and it regains power any idea what causes this
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.I apologize for any delay.

In allot of cases if you are able to tap on or wiggle the mass air flow sensor and the vehicle regains power again this can indicate a fault with the mass air flow sensor itself.Even though it has been cleaned I have seen where it can act up electronically internally on several models before to where it needs replaced.Try tapping on it with the engine running and see if the engine then acts up or if it is acting up see if it starts to run properly.If it does then it needs replaced.Also inspect for any damaged wiring around and near the sensor needing repaired as sometimes damaged wiring can cause this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.