How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Your Own Question
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Category: Ford
Satisfied Customers: 3326
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
Type Your Ford Question Here...
Jeremy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

On an 06 Taurus, a/c blows on all speed settings but it only

Customer Question

On an 06 Taurus, a/c blows on all speed settings but it only comes out the defroster vent not the a\c vent. Any advice?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Your A/C system has a tiny vacuum line that goes from the control usint (selector on the dash) out the passenger side of the car and goes over the top of the engine to the brake booster on the driver side. Go under the hood and look for a small plastic hose coming out of the firewall near the a/c accumulator. The accumulator looks like a can with a two metal lines going to it. Right next to it you'll see the heater hoses going into the firewall and right under you will see the small plastic hose. Chase that hose and see if it is broken or cracked. It gets a lot of heat from the engine and gets brittle, then cracks. I tend to find them broken between the passenger side of the engine to the top of the engine.

If it is broken, you can buy a 5/32" OD rubber hose at the auto parts store for about $3 and you just cut a piece off and splice the broken piece. It is a very common Ford problem.

Now if the line isn't broken, then on the back of that control head unit is where the line goes in. What happens is the rubber on the back breaks and leaks there as well. That piece can be bought for $5.99 at the auto parts store. It is held in with 2 screws. I usually take the old one in and they match it up. It is the second most common issue with Fords.

Last is the actuator itself, which os on the left side of the air box behind the dash panel. You can reach up behind the glove box or remove the glove box. They tend to las the lif of the vehicle though so I doubt it is an issue, but just in case. It is held with 2 small T20 Torq screws. You just remove the scews, pull the vacuum line off, and swap with a new one. They are about @20-25.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!


Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Found the accumulator but it's in front of the engine compartment by the radiator. Also the brake booster seems to be partially behind a metal cover behind the master cylinder. I tried to find a plastic hose running by the firewall but I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

THIS HERE is what it looks like in the car. You will want to find something like this under the hood coming from the passenger side firewall where the heater hoses are.

I got you car mixed with another year that I just answered on in regards ***** ***** accumulator location...