A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

I have a 2008 Ford Escape V6 with an light coming on, The

Customer Question

hello chris, I have a 2008 Ford Escape V6 with an idiot light coming on, The Wrench Icon in left corner of display. checked all fluids but the vehicle seems to have trouble shifting while accelerating.
I had bought the car at 80,000, serviced regularly and has 163,000 miles now....mostly highway. any thoughts and should I be real concerned? Thx Frank
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 2 years ago.

The wrench light is to alert the drive of a concern and you need to have the vehicle checked for trouble codes in the PCM (Engine Computer). Any auto parts store will do this for you for free. Get the codes and post them on this page. They will lead us to the cause of the wrench light.