Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 2005 6.0 power stroke and I have a no start when

Customer Question
Hello I have a 2005...
Hello I have a 2005 6.0 power stroke and I have a no start when hot already changed low pressure oil pump all injector seals dummy plugs and still nothing
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
9/12/2015
Ford Mechanic: James, Ford Technician replied 2 years ago
James, Ford Technician

Hello, it sounds like either the snap to connect fitting is leaking on the back of the high pressure oil pump. The opt valve is the other item that can be bad. Both of these items will allow you to run normally until you try and start the vehicle when it's hot.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Also I have the truck straight piped when I used to start it I would hear the turbo whistling after the seals where replaced start the truck no whistle and code p0046 and exhaust pressure sensor code
What is a opt valve

IPR valve I'm sorry autocorrect. The code P0046 won't cause the vehicle to not start when hot.

Ipr was replace a month ago as well

About all that is left is the snap to connect fitting on the back of the oil pump.

How many hours of labor are we looking at?

If you were to pay someone for the repair you are looking at about 6 hours of labor.

I have done the stc fitting and still same problem

Ok did you perform an air leak test at all?

Also after doing the STC fitting it can take up to three minutes for the engine to build enough oil pressure to start. Crank on the engine for at least 45 seconds before letting it cool down.

I did the ipr air test (ipr air test tool) but not sure how much psi to put in it

100psi of air.

James, Ford Technician