Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 1985 F250 6.9, I removed my dash and when I put it

Customer Question

I have a 1985 F250 6.9, I removed my dash and when I put it back together the cluster lights won't work. The rest of my lights work though. Checked wiring and everything is OK. I know there's a bulb that lights it up. I just don't know the position it's supposed to be in. I could send you a picture of what I'm talking about if it would it easier.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The instrument cluster lights are controlled by the signal out of the headlamp switch on the blue/red wire out of the switch to the instrument cluster connector. Start by rechecking to see if you have power out of the headlamp switch on this wire and if so then check and see if you have power at the cluster connector as well. Check this and post back with the results and we can work from there.