Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I drive a 2000 ford f-150. How much weight can i pull with

Customer Question
my truck. It is a...
I drive a 2000 ford f-150. How much weight can i pull with my truck. It is a 4.2L V6.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
9/7/2015
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 2 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

It depends on the body,*****versus***** etc. I'm attaching a link below with all the numbers.

Also keep in mind, this will also be based on the bumper hitch versus the resse hitch. If bumper, drop 500 pounds off because the bumper can;t handle that much weight like the reese can.

LINK HERE for the tow weights.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

I see you viewed my response. Did you need anymore assistance?

Jeremy
Jeremy