Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a ford fusion with a P07AE code. The power steering

Customer Question

I have a ford fusion with a P07AE code. The power steering assist wasn't working. I cleared the code and the power steering started working again. I inspected the bellows and the inner tie rod ends and everything seems okay. My wife started noticing a noise in the passenger side front end, can I assume I will need to replace the steering gear assembly in the near future?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.

If the noise is coming from a internally damaged rack then yes that may be a future repair. If its a noise from one of the joints like a inner or outer tie rod end, then those can be replaced alone.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris