Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 1999 ford expedition. In which the rear wiper only

Customer Question
I have a 1999 ford...
I have a 1999 ford expedition . In which the rear wiper only works on extreme occasions . From time to time with the switch on is i rock the arm a bit it will work for a few days . Then stop working . Is it the motor or the switch
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
your drop menu has no ford listing
9/5/2015
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

I gotcha into the correct category. A few words appear to have not shown up. So the rear wiper switch is on, you move the wiper arm, then it starts working?

some times . when it will work like a dream for a few days the stops
when using the switch the front wipers work and the washer both front and back do as well

Thanks, ***** ***** it is the rear wiper motor that is to blame. The internal relays inside it that control the park position and motor power are bad. A new wiper motor is your fix for this concern.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

well you confirmed my thoughts so i need to replace the rear wiper motor right
i do have a high skill level

Yes, replace the rear wiper motor.

Thank you i am trying to pay you but it is not letting threw

I can get the website to submit your rating if you cannot.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician