Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have been having an intermitted problem with my 1989 ford

Customer Question

I have been having an intermitted problem with my 1989 ford mustang. I have replaced the ECC , fuel pump, (both under seat and under hood) relays. If I hear the fuel pump running I know the car will start. If I don't hear the fuel pump running when I turn the ignition on I know it will not start. I have also replaced the fuel pump!! What Gives?????
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want a live phone #
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The fuel pump is controlled by ground switching from the PCM (computer) through the tan/green wire at the relay, let try taking a ground wire from a good ground and when the pump doe not cycle on and ground the tan/green wire and see if the pump will now run. If it does then that usually means the new PCM is defective. Give this a try and post back with the results and we can work from there.