Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 2006 ford 350 super duty xlt 12 passenger van. Van

Customer Question
I have a 2006 ford...
I have a 2006 ford 350 super duty xlt 12 passenger van. Van does not have rear sway bar package. Have had van for 10 years. last couple of months, van has started to sway and "float" and fishtail like i have a heavy trailor attached to it. Gets worse at high speeds 60+ and especially when changing lanes or banking a curve in the road. Have to fight it to get fish tail to come under control.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
9/4/2015
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

The passenger van often suffers from springs getting weak, not so much sagging but loosing there rigidity. The same goes for the shocks. I would start with rear shocks, test, then springs in the rear.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

you are telling me that the leaf springs are possibly weak. Starting with shocks. Van had 116k milage.

Yes that is correct. We see that quiet often on church buses and contractor vans that carry alot of weight.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician