James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have 2006 F250 with a 6.0 diesel. I recently changed the

Customer Question

I have 2006 F250 with a 6.0 diesel. I recently changed the turbo due to the unison ring being carboned up and not functioning. EGR has been deleted and has 4" straight pipe to the rear. Also has a Bully Dog tuner. The question I have is that the turbo has a high pitched whistle under low boost driving conditions such as driving through town at 25 to 30 mph. The noise seems to be coming from under the hood. I have checked CAC boots and clamps--look good. The truck has plenty of power, not much for black smoke, and boost climbs very easily to 25psi. The noise seems to be loudest at 1 to 3 psi boost. What should I be looking for?
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.

What kind of EGR delete do you have? Did the up pipe get replaced or was it just blocked off with a plug?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did not do the delete. It was that way when we got it. It looks like the pipe on the underside is new.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do see a blue plate on the bottom of the EGR housing and a new tube

Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.

If the passenger side y pipe was replaced it should be ok. Sometimes these come loose at the exhaust manifold. Another thing is if the exhaust manifold bolts break you can get a whistle from them leaking.