Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Brake line was,cut and lost brakes ,replaced line & power

Customer Question
bled system. good pedal with...
brake line was,cut and lost brakes ,replaced line & power bled system. good pedal with engine off, kept foot on brake and have kept foot on brake cranked it and it went to the floor- -= no brake..Now have replaced all rubber hoses, master cyl, and booster. power bled 3times completely, problem persists.What now?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
9/3/2015
Ford Mechanic: Chris, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris
Chris, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, Sorry to hear about your troubles.

It sounds like you have air trapped in the ABS unit. Unfortunately the only way to get this out is to do a "service bleed procedure" with a factory or equivalent scanner.

Here is the actual brake bleeding procedure.

If equipped with the 4 wheel anti-lock brake system and the Hydraulic Control Unit (HCU) has been replaced or is suspected of containing trapped air; bleed the brake system using the procedure below. Conventional brake system bleeding cannot remove the air trapped in the lower portion of the HCU. If a spongy brake pedal is present and air in the hydraulic control unit is suspected, use the following procedure:

1. Bleed the brake system as outlined in the conventional bleeding procedure.
2. Connect a New Generation Star (NGS) tester or equivalent scan tool, to the serial data link connector below the instrument panel as though retrieving codes.
3. Make sure the ignition switch is in the RUN position.
4. Follow the instructions on the NGS screen. Verify correct vehicle and model year go to the "Diagnostic Data Link' menu item, choose ABS Module, choose "Function Tests", and choose "Service Bleed."

5. Bleed the right-front wheel as follows:
---A. Open the caliper bleed screw and pump the brake pedal for 3 seconds. Repeat the procedure again.
---B. When the fluid runs clear, begin the program and continue to pump the brake pedal.
---C. Continue bleeding for approximately 1 to 2 minutes after the program ends and then tighten the bleed screw.
6. Repeat the bleeding procedure to the left-front, left-rear and finally the right-rear wheel.
7. Remove the pressure bleeding device and adjust the brake fluid level.
8. Road test the vehicle and check for proper brake system operation.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I am sorry but I am not avaliable for a phone call till tomorrow evening. I am on East coast time.

Chris
Chris
Chris, ASE Certified Technician