AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

My name is, i have 1958 ford f350 dualy, how to remove rear

Customer Question

hi, my name is ***** *****, i have 1958 ford f350 dualy, how to remove rear brake drum
Category: Ford
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 2 years ago.

Hello. Your looking for the procedure to remove the brake drum on a ford with a full floating axle correct?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
not sure what that means

you have specified a 1999 under vehicle information, but a 1958 in your question. Is your truck a 58?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it is a 1958 I just purchased from an old farm in Kansas it has no brakes left rear wheel is full of fliud outside I assume the whell cylinder is bad but don't if I have to remove the whole aaxle or remove the hub cover and a bearing like front or what else
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
okay later bye

Sorry about that. I am trying to find the procedure for your truck, but i can't find information for anything older than 82. I am putting your question back in the pool in case someone else has it and can help you quicker. im sorry about that.

Hello. Im sorry to see that nobody has been able to help you with this. Would you like me to leave it open, or would you like to see the procedure for an 82 F350? If your set up is the same, great, and if not I can opt out again and give it a little longer for someone to respond.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay no worries I found an old manual on line I ordered I will see what it says goodbye