Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified. Auto Transmission rebuilder for Ford Motor Co. from 91 to 2000
29534642

I replaced the PCM and switch and the fuse panel on my 2001

Customer Question

I replaced the PCM and switch and the fuse panel on my 2001 f-150 from another truck and it won"start
Category: Ford
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer, My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help, When you turn the key to the ON position and do not try to start it, do you get the check engine light that comes on in the dash? Also, the security light, does it go OUT, or does it blink constantly when the key is in the ON position? thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the light blinks constantly then it flash15 then goes out
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

Alright, your ignition keys are programmed, the security light should just come ON, then go out after the key is on for a few seconds, if it blinks, then likely your keys are not programmed. You have a ford PATS system that recognizes only keys that are programmed to start the truck. You can do 1 of 2 things, get the lock cylinder and keys off whatever truck you got the PCM out of , those keys are programmed to that PCM most likely, OR, you can call a mobile locksmith and they can come out, cut some blank keys out of your existing key and program them to your PCM. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the security light flashes code 15 what is this code
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

code 15, or 1:5, is for the key not being programmed into the PATS system. it states "Reprogramming key using the reprogramming instructions with the master key" however, since you don't have a master key, you'll have to get those keys from the truck that the PCM came out of if available, or I would get a local locksmith to come out and cut you some keys and program them. They'll usually do this fairly cheap. This unfortunately happens when you swap a PCM from vehicle to vehicle, on FORD vehicles after the 1999 for trucks and slightly earlier for cars.

Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

Any particular reason why this question was not rated? as I provided a 100% correct answer, and likely fixed your problem. Just wondering. Thank you!