Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

HAVE 2004 fORD tAURUS 3.0 u VIN. Came in my shop with rough

Customer Question

HAVE 2004 fORD tAURUS 3.0 u VIN . Came in my shop with rough idle dies at red light then hard to start. Did not drive car prior to repair. Have replaced ECM idle control valve IMRC runner intake gaskets.throttle body with different TPS egr sensor cleaned all grounds. when you start the car sounds like a vacuum leak.Put in with A/c on rpm goes to 2100 40mp down the road turn A/C off everything fine except a litle rough idle no codes have drove this car 170 miles to relearn the computer. old computer bad acording to expert. Had friend flash everything drove car no codes same driveabality issues. Any ideas whats going on Ray.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Ray, If you unplug the IAC does the idle drop, check this for me and post back and we can work from there.