Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I'm 63 and I live solely on my social security which is

Customer Question

I'm 63 and I live solely on my social security which is under $900 a mo. I'm doing this myself because O have mechanical experience and I can't afford to have it worked on at a garage or dealership. Is there any way I could get a discount on the price for your expertise and knowlege. Anything woul
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question, Can you explain what it is you are trying to do and post back and I will try and help you .

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need step by step instructions on replacing the head gaskets on my 93, 3.8l Mercury Cougar RX7. My oil is milky and I had a problem with it over heating prior and ended up replacing the radiator due to a invisible leak in a seam. Which is why the head gasket blew.
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.

I can provide you with these steps , give me a few moment to put the files together for you and I will send them

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've done a few head gaskets but the were all on older carburated Fords. Never on fuel injected. Im not quite sure where to start.
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.

The fuel injected engine is not much different , you are going to need to remove the upper and lower intake to access the heads. I have enclosed the factory removal steps in the links below, copy and paste the links to your browser to open and view them. Have a look and let me know if you have more questions and or need more help.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Upper%20intake%20Plenum%20AUg%2028.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Cylinder%20heads%20Aug%2028.pdf

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Please consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 5AM eastern time and work all day . A rating is required. Your rating me , and what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor do I have control over the fees or the time it takes to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all ,you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short

Thank you, Ron