Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a 2004 Ford F150 5.5L supercrew engine light is on so

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Ford F150 5.5L supercrew engine light is on so I went to the parts store code P0119 comes up for ECT. Well I am having a Heck of a time finding the ECT I have read on the ford forum that mytruck doesnt have a ECT but even in the Haynes manual it said 2004-2012 code P0119 is for a ECT but no other info on the location. Please help
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is a 5.4L 5.5 was a typo
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. The Cylinder Head Temp sensor is mounted to the inboard side of the passenger cylinder head under the intake manifold. Here is a picture, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.
-
https://www.dropbox.com/s/car1ntej5am38qo/cht.pdf?dl=0
-
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dan I am not looking for the CHT I am looking for the ECT engine coolant sensor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Code P0119 suggests that the PCM has detected an intermittent open of the engine temperature reading from the CHT sensor, there is no ECT sensor. This code is almost always caused by the CHT sensor. Let me know if you have more questions. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Code P0119 is Engine Coolant Temperature ECT sensor 1 Circuit Intermittent Erratic
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Procedure revision date: 05/25/2010
DTC P0119 - Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor 1 Circuit Intermittent/Erratic
Description
Indicates the ECT circuit became intermittently open or shorted while the engine was running. Note that on some vehicles which are not equipped with an ECT sensor, the CHT can be used and can set this DTC.
Possible Causes
•Damaged harness
•Damaged sensor
•Damaged PCM
•Damaged harness connector
•Low engine coolant
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you saying that my truck does not have a engine coolant temperature sensor?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
That is correct, it does not have a engine coolant temp sensor. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.