Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2010 transit...I think my radiator fan is not

Customer Question

I have a 2010 transit...I think my radiator fan is not coming on..so it will overheat when I'm sitting
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.

With the AC on, does the cooling fan run?

How much coolant was needed, and is it leaking?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It does not appear to be leaking..it was low yesterday and overheated. I filled it up, and it was fine today driving around. I had the car idling for a while 10 minutes or so and it started to get hot again. The dual fan in front of the radiator did not come on
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It needed about half a gallon..maybe a little les
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is that it?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No..it doesn't come on at all..do you know the relay to change out for that?

Thanks, ***** ***** diagram below. Can you check all the fuses involved, OHM test the fan grounds to see if they are good, remotely power the fans to verify they work. If all those are good then its the PCM most likely to blame, not the wiring.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris