Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

HAVE 6.4 THROWING CODE P1000 AND NOT LETTING THE TRUCK START

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.I apologize for any delay.

P1000 is a code that sets when the PCM has been reset either by clearing out fault codes with a scan tool or code reader or with the battery being disconnected and reconnected.If this code was already in the computers system before any codes were ever cleared with this starting issue here or before the battery was disconnected and reconnected there is a chance the engine computer itself is at fault needing replaced.If this code only came up after codes were cleared or after a battery disconnect/reconnect most likely this isn't the cause for the no starting issue.

If this is the case and this code set after clearing other codes or battery disconnect/reconnect let me know as well as let me know the year and model of this vehicle.

Thanks Pete