Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My ford explorer it's flashing the airbag 33 code

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.

Code 33 on this model indicates the drivers seat/safety belt the pretensioner has a circuit fault.In some cases this is damaged wiring to the seat belt buckle or the buckle itself is faulty.I have seen both occur causing this issue with wiring needing repaired or the buckle replaced.This will have to be checked having the wiring checked first then the proper diagnostic testing done with the proper air bag test equipment to see if the buckle assembly needs replaced.

The pretensioner is a device that when triggered in a collision tightens the safety belt for best safety.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't can't reset the trip reset
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

If this is the trip reset in the instrument cluster that will not reset and your odometer and speedometer are operating properly this is usually a sign of an internal electrical fault in the instrument cluster itself needing repaired or replaced.I have seen several instrument clusters act up before causing issues like this here needing repaired or replaced.

Thanks Pete