James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

What powers the accessory delay relay? If I jumper relay 02

Customer Question

What powers the accessory delay relay? If I jumper relay 02 all accessories work fine
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
If you remove the accessory relay you should have 12v on two pins at all times. The relay is turned on by the instrument cluster grounding the relay. If you have you power on two pins the cluster probably isn't doing its job and is the reason it isn't working. The ground is known to fail in the cluster requiring repair or replacement.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
are you aware of where that "known" bad ground exists? behind the dash etc? I have already checked both the drivers and passenger side grounds and they were good.
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.

Correct about the bad ground. The ground is a switch though inside of the cluster. When you turn the key on this switch applies a ground inside of the cluster to turn on the accessories.