Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

1994 ford explorer code 629

Customer Question

1994 ford explorer code 629
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The code 629 is a transmission code indicating the the CCO or SS3/4-4/3 solenoids did not change state when requested by the PCM.
In order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some testing, see the steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.
start your test at TC1.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Code%20629%20Aug%2023.pdf