EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

I have a 2007 ford f 450 with a 6.0 with very little boast

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2007 ford f 450 with a 6.0 with very little boast when take off then drops out I changed the ebp sensor and connector plug to ebp sensor and clean tube change the map sensor cleaned the egr and changed the air cleaner pressurized air cooler
found no leaks still at take off very little boast then drops off any other suggestions
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 2 years ago.

Hi. The turbo vanes inside the turbo may be frozen. This is very common. To check this you need to remove the turbo and disassemble it and check if the vanes are frozen. If they are you can clean everything and make sure it moves free and then put it back together. Please let me know if you have further questions on this. THanks.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
took turbo apart and cleaned wasn't too bad but still the same starts to build boost but drops out

Ok. You made sure the unison ring and vanes move freely? You may want to try a different vgt solenoid if boost is starting to be made then just quits.