Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

I'm installing an in dash Nav AND need to tap into a 2008

Customer Question

I'm installing an in dash Nav AND need to tap into a 2008 Ford Taurus SEL AWD VSS speed signal. The closer to mid dash the better.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 2 years ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

The closest you will be able to get is at the PCM connector. I am attaching a pinout of the connector. Pin 14 is your output shaft sensor signal which is what you need. The connector is the one closest to the driver side.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for it. Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the output shaft sensor signal = vss?
Where is this located in the car and is it actually labeled PCM?

The connector you are looking for is actually in the engine compartment on the firewall closer to the passenger side. You will see three large connectors. The PCM is inside the firewall. Im attaching a location view here.

Yes the OSS is the "vss" on this car.