Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  MasterCertified Technician with 35 years experience, Owner of two full service repair facilities
36867192

I own a 2010 Mustang, Convertible, Premium package, with the

Customer Question

I own a 2010 Mustang, Convertible, Premium package, with the Shaker audio system.
Suddenly, two weeks ago the audio system stopped working. On the dash panel it suddenly reads "Mustang" in the middle of the screen with the temperature still reading in the bottom right hand corner, and the direction kompus (sp) still working in the bottom left hand corner.
No audio functions, however, work, neither the radio, CD player nor an external device (my Iphone). I bought the car in 2011 and it doesn't have a manual guide.
It feels like it needs resetting, since the display works.
Help, please.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 2 years ago.

Your audio system has suffered an internal failure, your nearest Ford dealership should have an exchange unit on the shelf in parts, the service dept will try to reprogram it first if it fails to reprogram, which is common, they will be able to replace it for you, with the shortest amount of down time.