A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

I just replaced the heat accuator in my 2004 Ford Explorer

Customer Question

I just replaced the heat accuator in my 2004 Ford Explorer due to no heat and clicking from dash now only hot air comes out with no control to reduce temp coming out
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.
Where did you get the part you installed and was it located on the drivers side of the dash down by the gas panel?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rockland auto parts online and yes driver side by gas pedal I took the console out to get to it. The clicking is gone and heat is working now but no tempature control.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

You may want to unbolt and then plug it in and see if it moves when you move the temperature control setting. Also, see if you can manually move the door in the case with a screwdrivers and see if the temperature changes.