Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 1996 Cobra with 2800 original miles. I have not

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Cobra with 2800 original miles. I have not driven it in 10+ years. What do you recommend to get it driving again. Also, I remember the last time I drove it the speedometer didn't work. It blows the fuse as fast as you change it. Any ideas?
Thank you,
Kyle
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.

I recommend you start with all new fluids, including the fuel, and new filters. Also replace the plugs and wires. You may need to clean the air fuel sensors as well. The VSS sensor is wired direct to the PCM, cruise servo, and instrument cluster. There are no fuses on this circuit. Which fuse is blowing?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris