Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

My 2005 Ford Taurus SE drives good, but when I turn on the a

Customer Question
c unit my Taurus will...
My 2005 Ford Taurus SE drives good, but when I turn on the a c unit my Taurus will stop after about several minutes. But afer it stops I turn the a c off it immediate restarts.
My vehicle only stops when I turn the a c on.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/14/2015
Ford Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician

Hel. It sounds like your ac compressor is seizing up and causing the engine to stop due to the extra drag on the engine. I would have this checked right away if you do not work on your own car as once the belt breaks a lot more damage can occur such as overheating. I base my answer on seeing this problem in other Ford Taurus cars. Hope this information helps. Let me know if this helps or if you need more info. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.

Lou P.
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician