Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

My 07 f25o with 6.0 overheated and i was close to home so i

Customer Question
made it home and shut...
my 07 f25o with 6.0 overheated and i was close to home so i made it home and shut it off. next morning it won't start. I have changed the gaskets for the hpop and the ipr is new. replaced the gpcm and my tuner says my ficm is putting out 48.9. i unplugged the icp also. still not starting
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
8/13/2015
Ford Mechanic: Ray M., Ford Master Tech replied 2 years ago
Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech

Do you know what the ICP pressure is while cranking it over?

I'm using and sct live wire tuner. It reads 0.0 with the icp urged in and 7.7 with it unplugged while I'm trying to crank it
Plugged

If the high pressure pump failed or you have an internal leak it wont build enough ICP pressure to start.

Let me know if you need more help.

Even with the icp unplugged?
After a few seconds of cranking I get a reading on the oil gauge. Does that mean my oil pump is ok?

Yes that means the low pressure pump is working ok. On the 6.0l unplugging the ICp will only cause a change if the engine is running, if it ids a no start unplugging it does nothing.

Then is it possible the icp is the problem?

check the stand pipe for the oil filter it may have got hot enough to melt it and plug off the passage to the high pressure pump reservoir.

Most likely it is a high pressure oil leak, probably at the oil rail dummy plugs under the valve covers

Ray M.
Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech