Randall C
Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  35 years ASE Master Tech, Diagnostic , Electrical Specialist
13677702

I'm have an ABS light on on a 93 Bronco. I pulled the codes

Customer Question

I'm have an ABS light on on a 93 Bronco. I pulled the codes using the light flash method. It showed a left front output valve. I replaced the ecm thinking that might be it but light is still on. What else could cause it?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Randall C replied 2 years ago.

Hello, in order to try and help, Engine size? code#? FS Bronco or small Bronco?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Full size eith a 5.0 engine. I don't have the code number but I I remember it was the left front output valve.

Expert:  Randall C replied 2 years ago.

well, hard to say, Diagnaostic has to be done, I have include a a couple links, The wiring diagram as well as the pinpoint chart, You have to use both links to see pin numbers and run tests,Yes,, could have been the ECU but the codes will not auto clear until 50 ignition cycles with no ABS cods setting so,, this can take some time for the code to clear. you can do the pin tests at the ECU plug, withouta breakout box

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When you say ignition cycle, does that mean strating the vehicle 50 times?

Expert:  Randall C replied 2 years ago.

well, sort of, it is more about drive cylces meaning starting engine from cold state, say in am, then come home from work, driving it, then repeat., You can not just cycle the key 50 times.,It has to go through*****cycles