Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Power window continuous problem on drivers side in my 1992

Customer Question
Ford F150 XLT. The regulator...
power window continuous problem on drivers side in my 1992 Ford F150 XLT. The regulator gear bent, when stop went up over its bracket that bolts it on to door. Replaced regulator and same thing happened. Was told the switch was the problem, so I replaced it and same thing happened again with regulator. I replaced motor in 2001 but it continues to try to run with the switch being pushed down causes wires to it get very hot. Why if its already past the down stop that motor doesn't stop? What tells it to, can you help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
I just thought this may help with your answer, if when putting window down I let go just before it would hit the stop it works great. So that would mean everything is in line.
8/13/2015
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Inspect the wiring from the switch to the motor and see if there is any shorted or damaged wiring.If this is all found to be o.k. I suspect the motor may be shorting possibly causing this fault here needing replaced.
Thanks Pete
I'll have to go order the motor before I'll know if it corrected my problem, but the wiring I had checked before and seams to be ok. I'll get back to you after motor is replaced. Thanks, Dean
Sounds good.Let me know how this turns out here and if you need anything else.
Thanks Pete
Pete this is Dean, I finally got a new motor and installed it about 1 hour ago. Unfortunately same results. I'm 60 years old and I've worked on cars since I was 14, I've rebuilt a lot of motors, transmission, carburetors, have diagnosed, and either repaired or replaced anything on cars. But this one I thought I did everything but apparently not, I was going to go deeper into all the wiring to make sure something isn't showing up with just checking once. You have any other thoughts please let me know.
If you can I would re check all of the wiring to see if any shorted wiring is found.If a fault is found with any of the wiring this can cause this type of fault here needing repaired.
Thanks Pete
Pete, Auto Service Technician