jazzmaster
jazzmaster, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ase certified--32 yrs experience
8668911

Ok so I'm pretty sure I know why the a/c fan/blower quit

Customer Question

Ok so I'm pretty sure I know why the a/c fan/blower quit working. The heater control valve that I replaced about 2 yrs ago split right down the middle and antifreeze sprayed all over where the blower motor is located. My question is how do I know what is bad? Is it the harness corroded, is the fan fried, not sure what a resister is but could that be fried? Another words I need to help to trouble shoot so I know what to replace.
Category: Ford
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 2 years ago.

hi, first check to see if you have power and ground to the blower motor .

if you do then the blower motor is bad .

if you don't then it is time to check your fuses and check all of them (I say this because that is what I do and you may find fuses blown that you didn't know about )

Next check the blower motor resister .

you can take this out and test across all the terminals with an ohm meter

any one should show continuity when you test the terminals ,that is if you put one test lead to any terminal any other one you put the other test lead should show continuity ....

as a hint it usually will be a fuse or blower resister ,and sometimes the blower motor ...jazzmaster ..

do you still need assistance ?

hi, if I helped you please rate me positive and we can still continue if need be ,this is the only way I receive credit ..thank you ...jazzmaster ..