Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 04 6.0 power stroke will not crank unless two

Customer Question
injectors are unplugged when you...
I have a 04 6.0 power stroke will not crank unless two injectors are unplugged when you plug the other two it losses oil pressure and cuts off it doesn't matter witch two you in plug I have replaced injectors oil rails and the ficm and it still does the
same thing
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
8/10/2015
Ford Mechanic: Ray M., Ford Master Tech replied 3 years ago
Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech

Do you mean it wont start but the engine cranks over with the starter?

It will crank with six injectors plugged in but when you plug on the last two it losses oil pressure and shuts off

It sounds like the high pressure pump is getting weak and can only supply so much pressure, when all injectors are functioning the pump cannot keep up the pressure, do you have any way to monitor the ICP pressure, like a scan tool?