Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

What is wrong if the car is not accelerating. I have changed

Customer Question
the intake manifold, mass air...
What is wrong if the car is not accelerating. I have changed the intake manifold, mass air filter, and the throttle body what else could be wrong with the car
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/8/2015
Ford Mechanic: Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner replied 2 years ago
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Are any codes coming up? Do the RPMS go up but it just doesnt move like it should or does it just act like you arent pushing the gas?

The RPMS does go up to like 2 1/2 maybe 3 but it doesn't move like it should.

That sounds like the transmission is slipping. Do you have a scan tool with live data?

Not right now I have a friend that has a machine that gives him the codes. The speed is not registering either.
When my friend reads the codes it doesn't say the tranmission

It doesnt register any speed at all?

no

That is an important detail you left out.

Does everything else work? No warning lights on?

The throttle body light comes on sometimes.
everything else is working.

What is your scan tool "telling you"?

My friend did it yesterday he just said it had a lot of throttle body codes. He didn't tell me what they were.

Without providing the codes to me you are setting yourself up for failure and you are just going to get a generic answer that is probably unhelpful to you. If you want the expert service you paid for you need to provide me with full, detailed, accurate information. Are you willing to provide me with the codes or should I opt out and see if another expert wants to provide you with a guess?

I will try back latter with the codes.

Alright. I will be standing by. Just reply when you get the codes.

I'm back with the codes, p2112 and p2104 are the two codes it is giving me.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician