Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Fusion hybrid parked 90 days had to jump off and ran fine on

Customer Question

fusion hybrid parked 90 days had to jump off and ran fine on interstate for 20 miles had to pull in for emission test when cut off would not start on its own After boosting off 2nd time drove home 4 miles took battery out of vehicle and put on charger for 24 hrs Battery holds at 10 volts Started vehicle and attempted to back out of driveway with a steep incline car would go 8 ft and die Now car starts studders and dies I think gas engine runs a few seconds triangle shows on dash emergency shut down 2010 with 94000 miles Is there any thing I can look at or is it dealer only? Thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The problem you you are having may be due to a failing battery, if after charging it for 24 hour and you only have 10 volts then that is a problem. The battery should be reading right at 12 volts with a full charge. I would start with having the battery tested as well as the charging system.