Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2010 Lincoln MKS front wheel drive 1LNHL9DR9AG614590 vehicle

Customer Question
2010 Lincoln MKS front wheel...
2010 Lincoln MKS front wheel drive 1LNHL9DR9AG614590
vehicle was in an accident. I have several stored codes, U1029, U210B, P1000, U0104
The brake light is on, the abs light, and trac light is on.... there is no check engine light on... and there is no air bag light on. Also at the information center (Where milage shows) collision warn not available....
*Can you give me advice on how to correct these problems...
*does the codes have to be cleared by a dealer
*thanks in advance
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
8/7/2015
Ford Mechanic: James, Ford Technician replied 2 years ago
James, Ford Technician
Hello, can you please tell me where the impact was and if it caused a lot of damage?
the impact was in the drivers front corner.... replaced the complete front bumper, headlights, left fender, and headlight mod computer.
Was the module that was replaced reprogrammed?
the headlight module, located in the inner left fender? it was not reprogrammed.... Didn't know they needed to be... if so what is the procedure?
Sorry for the delay I have been trying to identify all codes. Two of them don't exist on the master doc chart. U1029, U210B. Do you know what module they are out of. All U codes are network related. The lighting module you replaced shouldn't have to be programmed from what I can find in the workshop manual. Usually U codes are due to module communication errors which can be hard to diagnose. Do you know U0104 code module is from. The code states it can't communicate with the cruise control module. If that is the case it would make sense why and brake and traction control light are all one. They will be connected most likely by one problem. If you can double check those codes and what modules they are out of please let me know.
sir, i dont mean to be rude, but i am paying this sight to answer my questions..... You are the tech. I am inquiring how to fix my problem.... If i could identify, I wouldnt need your help.... Can you open this up to another tech please....
I can but without knowing what module is setting the code it isn't going to make it easier for anyone else? All modules can set the same U codes that is why when they set there should be a module listed next to them. I will opt out though.
Here is where Im at....... The mks was in an accident.
*the collision warning is not available...
*Brake light/abs/light/trac light is on..... Seems to be all tied into one module? relay?
*front and rear park sensors or not working
*cruise control not workingIs there a relay this runs off of? is so where? Or, is there a model for these items?
James, Ford Technician