Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2007 expedition rear gate not power lift acts like it's not

Customer Question

2007 expedition rear gate not power lift acts like it's not getting a signal to unlock gate will not open from the outside I've replaced the latch assembly it has an electric latch the switch on the handle seems to be working correctly the back glass opens as it should I'm just at a lost right now
Category: Ford
Expert:  chris replied 1 year ago.

HI THERE

-

lets first make sure the three fuses for the power liftgate are ok and not burnt out , one is located in the engine compartment fuse box , fuse 27, its a 30 amp fuse ,,,, the other two are located in the interior fuse panel, fuses 14 and 17, ,,,14 is a 10 amp fuse and 17 is a 20 amp fuse, remove all three fuses and hold them up to the light to see if they are burnt out , if so replace,

-

get back to me on what you fin , we can go back and forth on this page

-

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All fuses are fine and it's not a power lift gate it just has the electric latch