Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My 1991 f 150 a/c will not cool it is fully charged and is

Customer Question

My 1991 f 150 a/c will not cool it is fully charged and is not leaking. The fan blows warm air
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In order to determine why the AC does not cool you need to start first with checking to see if the compressor clutch is engaging with the AC turned on. If it is no then take your 12 volt test light and see if you have power on both sides of the low pressure cycling switch mounted on the accumulator. Check this and post back with the results and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The compressor clutch is on and spinning. It comes on when ac is turned on a off when selctor is in off position
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If you place your hand on the accumulator is it getting nice and cold at the firewall with the compressor running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it is hot
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay then the next step is going to be to install your gauges and read the pressures, the low side pressure on a properly working system should be right at 35 to 40 PSI and the high side should be right at 200 to 225 PSI, check this for me and post back with the results and will advise from there.