Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

My theft light is flashing on my1999 f-150 and it wont crank

Customer Question
over. how do I reset...
my theft light is flashing on my1999 f-150 and it wont crank over. how do I reset it
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
8/3/2015
Ford Mechanic: chris, Ford Mechanic replied 2 years ago
chris
chris, Ford Mechanic

hi there

-

you have a anti theft system called the PATS system , it consists of a chip in the key witch a transivor reads when you turn the key on and if the chip in the key is programmed to the truck , the truck will start , if the chip is not programmed or there is a problem with the system then the theft lamp will flash fast

-

possible causes of this problem are

1.) fuse 30 in the interior fuse panel for the transivor is burnt out

2.) a bad transivor

3.) the keys became deprogrammed

4.) bad key

-

so if you have another key the truck see if it will start the truck

-

if not then check fuse 30 in the interior fuse panel

-

if that's ok , then we need a code reader to see if the trucks computer has any codes in it for a bad transivor or its telling us that there is no keys programmed to the truck , this can bebaught or rented from any auto parts store ,

-

we can go back and forth on this page

-

Chris

Ron, ASE Certified Technician