Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Trying to get a OEM headlight set working in a 09 GT500,

Customer Question

trying to get a OEM headlight set working in a 09 GT500, have OEM headlights and wiring harness, but the High beam stops after a few seconds.
The car was delivered from the factory with standard headlights, can this be programmed in the SJB?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.

There is not a programmable parameter for the SJB to swap from filament to HID, nor is it needed since the SJB does not power the headlights, it just controls the coils side of the relays, so the load is not on the SJB. Below are the diagrams if needed. Can you remove the high beam relay and see if its losing the coil side power supply from the SJB when the headlights fail, if so then it is the SJB that is bad but not because of the HID conversion.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, let me try that.

Super