Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

1999 ford 250 econo: I'm John. I have an 1999 Econ 250

Customer Question

Hi I'm John. I have an 1999 Econ 250 work van AC is stuck in defrost. I've changed the switch. Still stuck in defrost. Help please...
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
The mode doors work from engine produced vacuum. So it is likely a vacuum leak and there is no engine vacuum getting to the HVAC control. When there is no vacuum it defaults to defrost. When not using defrost the defrost door actuator is always getting vacuum. Can you remove the HVAC control and see if the black hose is getting engine vacuum when running, it needs to have over 10 in hg of vacuum. Use the diagrams below. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris