James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Ford taurus: I have a no crank issue with my ford taurus

Customer Question

I have a no crank issue with my ford taurus
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. Do you have a test light by chamce?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Most likely your concern is going to be caused by a bad starter. If you had a test light we could test it. I would first see if jumping the vehicle makes a difference if it does then you have a battery or cable issue. If jump starting the vehicle doesn't make a difference I would recommend installing a new starter to correct your concern.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
well we have a test light and the starter was checked and its ok.so what next
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Did you test the small post when the key is in the start position to see if il the light comes on?