roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

Crown Vic (police interceptor): Chris, I have an 06 crown

Customer Question

HI Chris, I have an 06 crown vic. It was overheating and a/c not blowing cold. Replaced the radiator fan, and everything was ok for a few weeks. But now started overheating and a/c only blowing cold while moving. Radiator fan again???or fuse maybe??? ideas ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist
I worked for a couple of years with a limo group who had over 150 lincolns. we had the same issues with this same thing. found out you have to replace the fan and module on the fan as an assembly or it fails quickly.
did you replace the module at the same time???
Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I replaced the whole assembly (fan and module). curious if it is an electrical problem, from switching form police car to taxi to civilian crown vic...
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
ok, good, yes, it sounds like an electrical problem. no, it has nothing to do with switching from police package.
make sure the connector at the module is not damaged. good clean pins and good connections.
what brand fan and module did you use??
Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pins/ connector still in good condition. Bought fan assembly from 1aauto.com cant find a brand. think it is made in taiwan.
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
that could be the issue. I know we tried the dorman replacements and they did not work well at all. the only one that worked was the ford oem unit. you have to purchase the fan and module separately.
Roy