Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Chris, I have a 2003 Ford Mustang 3.8L V6 and the battery

Customer Question
Hi Chris, I have a...
Hi Chris, I have a 2003 Ford Mustang 3.8L V6 and the battery light stays on..I have changed the alternator and also a new battery
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
7/29/2015
Ford Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Hello, have you checked the charging voltage? a new alternator does not mean that it is good, we will need to check the charging voltage, and then the wires to the alternator and then the connection to the pcm. let me know what the voltage is.
here is a alternator wiring diagram, the fault is most likely still the alternator, you will have to have it double checked and tested. hope this helps.Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉Keep in mind that rating me does not end the chat, it simply credits me for assisting, i will still be here to help if follow up information is needed , Lou. https://www.mediafire.com/?6kdzvbcwyk3ozs9
I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.
Lou P.
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician