Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Ranger: why does my 2003 ford ranger will not go into park

Customer Question
why does my 2003 ford...
why does my 2003 ford ranger will not go into park
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
7/28/2015
Ford Mechanic: Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech replied 2 years ago
Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech
Hi welcome to just answers. My name is ***** ***** you give me the engine size on this vehicle please
4.0
are you able to shit the transmission to other gears?
yes
the shifter handle is little stif
do you know where the transmission shifter selector lever is located?
can you go under and disconect the cable ( make sure you set your E brakes before doing so) wans the cable is disconected see if you can move the lever to park.
this problem can be internal on the transmission PARK-LOCK or just the cable binding .
where is the cable
is it at the trans mission
the cable is atach to the transmission lever you will need to go under the vehicle and on the side of the transmission you will see the selector lever
yes is on the transmission.
thanks
it should be on the drivers side under the vehicle , disconect the cable from the lever and move the lever by hand if it moves then you have a bad shifter cable ...if it does not then you have a bad park lock mechanicem inside the transmission
Ron, ASE Certified Technician