A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

E150: I can't release the left rear door catch. handle releases

Customer Question

I can't release the left rear door catch. handle releases upper latch but not lower. Is there a manual release I can do to release the lock?
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.
If you pull the cable, not the black plastic sleeve, but the metal cable, the latch should release and allow the door to open.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That didn't solve my problem but you are correct and in a normal situation that would have worked. However the three screws I replaced that were missing for the lower latch were too long and they interfered greatly. I have solved this problem and no longer need help on it. I do believe there were two charges to my account which surprised me since there was only one question.
Thanks.
The charges you will have to contact the website administrators. I am not affiliated with them, I only answer questions.Also, I had no way of knowing you installed too long of screws because I cannot see your vehicle. I can only base off of what you tell me and the most common causes. I have never had someone install too long of screws for the latches.